If your UPS is less than 3 years old
Why invest in an APC extended warranty?
With the purchase of an APC extended warranty, you will enjoy a seamless 1-3 year extension of the standard factory warranty, depending on the service pack purchased. The extended warranty provides repair or replacement of your APC UPS, as well as your battery. If your UPS is less than 3 years old, an extended warranty offers considerable benefits, including:
- Free shipping on replacement parts
- Free RBC replacement of non-functioning batteries
- 24/7 technical support to answer your questions, and give you peace of mind.
- 1 and 3 year UPS warranty options
If your UPS is 3-5 years old
If your UPS is 3-5 years old, an APC replacement battery cartridge (RBC) is likely the best option for you. An RBC would provide you with:
- Complete assembly for easy hot-swap installation
- Prepaid postage to a nearby recycling partner for battery disposal
- Reusable packaging with clear disposal instructions
If your UPS is 5+ years old, consider a New UPS with:
- Updated Features: Most new units are Energy Star rated and have “Green Mode” for maximum efficiency
- Discounted Pricing: For trading in your old UPS with our Trade-UPS program!
Five reasons why you should only use a genuine APC RBC in your APC UPS
1. Use of a non-APC battery may result in lower runtime, damage the UPS, create hazardous conditions, or void safety certifications on the UPS
2. Use of a non-APC battery will void APC’s Equipment Protection Policy.
3. APC recycles used batteries. With each purchase of a genuine APC replacement battery, you get free freight back to APC for proper disposal of your old batteries (USA only)
4. APC provides a 1-year warranty on each RBC.
5. APC supplies the appropriate instructions, wires and connectors.
Learn How to Manage and Maximize Your UPS
This white paper discusses the key factors that influence both battery and UPS life, and provides simple recommendations and guidelines to help you manage your single-phase UPS.
Once a UPS has been in service for 10 years, owners should consider the following options:
- Buy new – Should the UPS be replaced with a new one?
- Upgrade - Can it be refurbished to extend life and performance for several more years?
- Do nothing - Or is it better to perform basic maintenance and let the device continue until it ceases performing?