The question has been asked if parts are available to convert a cabinet from NetShelter Networking to NetShelter SX. Product Line:
NetShelter SX and Networking cabinetsEnvironment:All versions and serial ranges.Cause:
There's a request to convert a NetShelter Networking cabinet to a standard SX cabinet. Resolution:
It is possible to convert a NetShelter Networking cabinet into a NetShelter SX cabinet. All of the necessary spare parts are set up for sale.
- Remove all four existing vertical mounting rails, including the finger-style cable managers in the front and the mounting flange on the left front rail. See Owner’s Manual page 15: https://www.apc.com/salestools/JKUR-7U7SPU/JKUR-7U7SPU_R1_EN.pdf
- Replace the vertical mounting rails. See this Spare Parts document, at this link, to choose the correct SX full height rails: https://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA169461/
- The roof is also different. The Networking roof is designed to allow large quantities of cables. You may leave it. If you want to replace it you'll find the NetShelter SX roofs in the NetShelter Compatibility Chart. The document is available at this link: https://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA158651/
- If a cabinet is ocnverted the sku/serial label on the cabinet will not change so it could be confusing on future tech support calls.
It's not possible to modify a NetShelter SX cabinet into a NetShelter Networking cabinet beacuse the parts are not available as spares.
To use finger-style cable management in the converted cabinet there are three choices:
1) The AR758x-series can be mounted onto the replacement rails.
2) Leave the original Networking rails in the rear of the cabinet and the finger-style cable managers can be moved from the front rails to the rear. They simply screw off and back on.
3) The original front Networking rails with cable managers attached can be moved to the rear of the cabinet.
After conversion the cabinet has a serial number and sku label show that it's a Networking cabinet, but it's not. Any calls for Tech Support for this cabinet will need to explain that the cabinet was modified, and how.