Using AP9613 simultaneously in the same UPS system as a UPS Network Management Card causes lost communication alarms
Using AP9613 Dry Contacts I/O SmartSlot Card simultaneously in the same UPS system as a UPS Network Management Card causes lost communication alarms within the UPS Network Management Card event log.
- UPS Management Accessories
- AP9613 Dry Contacts SmartSlot I/O Card
- UPS Network Management Card 2 (NMC2)
- All serial numbers
- All firmware versions
- Older UPS designs (including but not limited to Smart-UPS with model SU, SUA, SUM, SURT, SURTA, Symmetra PX 3 phase 40/80, Symmetra LX, Symmetra RM)
- UPS installations with both AP9613 and a UPS Network Management Card communicating with the same UPS
Due to the way older UPS serial bus designs operate, the AP9613 may prevent a UPS Network Management Card from communicating with the UPS, assuming they are both installed in the same UPS.
This is a race condition. AP9613 firmware v2.1.0 has partially addressed this timing problem and a future firmware update for UPS Network Management Card 2 will be evaluated. Until a full fix is implemented, a user may see a UPS: Lost the local network management interface-to-UPS communication. periodically in their UPS Network Management Card log when the AP9613 is also installed. With AP9613 v2.1.0 and higher, this alarm should not remain permanently.