Process for resetting the root user account password for accessing the NetBotz 750 via console or SSH.Product Line:
NetBotz version 5
- Rack Monitor 750Environment:
NetBotz v5.XResolution:Reset a Lost Root Account Password
1) Connect a USB-A to Micro USB-B cable to the Console Port on the NetBotz appliance and a USB port on your computer.
2) Open a serial connection on your terminal emulator using port settings:
- Baud: 115,200
- Data Bits: 8
- Parity: None
- Stop Bits: 1
- Flow Control: None
3) Press Enter, repeatedly if necessary, to display the User Name prompt. If you are unable to display the User Name prompt, verify the following:
- The serial port is not in use by another application.
- The terminal settings are correct as specified in step 2.
- The correct cable is being used as specified in step 1.
- The Silicon Labs CP210x driver is installed on your computer. (You can find the driver on www.silabs.com.)
4) Disconnect and reconnect power to the appliance. Immediately press any key on your computer. If you do not press a key within five seconds after you connect power to the appliance, the appliance will restart normally.
5) Enter the following three commands:
- env set resetpwd true
- env save
Wait for the system to restart.
6) Log on as the Root user (root). When prompted, reset the Root account password.
7) Disconnect and reconnect power to the appliance. Immediately press any key on your computer. If you do not press a key within 5 seconds after you connect power to the appliance, the appliance will restart normally.
8) Enter the following three commands:
• env delete resetpwd
• env save
Wait for the system to restart normally
NOTE: If you do not complete steps 7 and 8, the root password will be reset every time the appliance restarts.