Why can I log into my Console Port Server through Terminal, Telnet or SSH as root and have Administrator access, but when I log in via the web interface I am seen as a regular user?
Your Group Permissions file needs to be edited to recognize your Administrator account.
The procedure to fix this is listed below.
- Open up a command prompt via Terminal, Telnet or SSH terminal and log into your CPS as root.
- Type cd /etc/ to browse to the etc directory.
- Type vi group to open the group permissions file with vi text editor. (If you are not familiar with using the vi text editor, there are a number of websites that offer help. Please consult them first before continuing.)
- Add the line admin::104:root to the end of the file and save it.
- Issue the runconf command and press <enter>.
- Issue the saveconf command and press <enter>.
- You should now have access to the Console Port Server, via the web, with your Administrator account.
If you still experience trouble, please contact APC by Schneider Electric technical support.