How to enable .NET 2.0 on Windows 8.x and 10
PowerChute Personal Edition 3.0.2 will not install on Windows 8 or 10 because the system in missing .Net 2.0
PowerChute Personal Edition 3.0.2
Windows 8.x and 10
.Net 2.0 is not pre-installed as part of the OS
You will need to install the .Net 3.5
1. Open up the control panel. (Right click start - then click control panel)
2. Verify the control panel is in Icon view
3. Go to Programs and features
4. In the left side of the window there is an option for "Turn Windows features on or off" select that.
5. You should see .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0). Check the box to the left of the .NET Framework 3.5 and click ok. Windows will proceed to install the service (downloading it from windows update if necessary).
6. After add .Net 3.5 that includes .Net 2.0 you can now install PowerChute Personal Edition 3.0.2
Released for:APC Netherlands
Did this answer your question?