Video: Data Center Expert | How do I mass upgrade APC and NetBotz appliance firmware?
Process for mass upgrading firmware on APC NMCs and NetBotz appliances using StruxureWare Data Center Expert.
StruxureWare Data Center Expert (DCE)
- Standard Appliance (AP9470)
- Enterprise Appliance (AP9475)
- Virtual Appliance (AP94VMACT)
InfraStruXure Central (ISXC)
StruxureWare Data Center Expert (all versions)
StruxureWare Central (all versions)
InfraStruXure Central (all versions)
APC Network Management Card (NMC)
1) Open the DCE desktop client and navigate to: Updates menu > Apply Firmware Updates.
2) Select Check Updates to pull in the most recent firmware updates from updates.apc.com.
NOTE: Proceed to the troubleshooting section below if you receive an error message stating "Unable to access the APC update server."
3) Select (check-boxes) the upgrades that you wish to perform. You can select the root firmware trees, which selects all devices that require that firmware, or select individual device updates.
NOTE: When checking a device, ensure to look at the Update Description field to see what was updated on the firmware.
NOTE: Ensure that within the Device File Transfer Settings that the administrator credentials of the devices are listed with the correct protocol, port, and IP Range settings.
4) Select Apply to start the firmware upgrade process.
5) A firmware update status pane will show and will provide different status messages depending ont he phase of the upgrade currently being performed.
NOTE: It is only possible to upgrade firmware versions. You can not use DCE to push an older firmware version to a device.
Troubleshooting"Unable to access the APC update server."
Data Center Expert reaches out to updates.apc.com to obtain the latest available firmware. Using HTTPS to navigate to the URL (http and then FTP on older versions) to download the catalog file. In most cases the reason that DCE does not have the firmware available is because one or both protocols are being blocked. Generally, opening or adding an exception to a firewall rule that allows DCE to reach the updates.apc.com web servers corrects the issue. See the steps below for manually adding the device firmware catalog file into Data Center Expert.
2) Navigate to: DCE desktop client > Updates Menu > Apply Firmware Updates.
3) Select Import and navigate to the downloaded firmware catalog file and select open.
4) Proceed above to step 3 (selecting devices to upgrade)
Available firmware updates disappear in DCE when checking for updates
Released for:APC Nigeria
Did this answer your question?