Buscar Preguntas Frecuentes
Replacing the Battery in a 1st Generation Back-UPS Pro
What is the proper procedure for replacing the battery for the Back-UPS Pro 280, 420 and 650 VA Models
Back-UPS Pro 280, 420 and 650 VA
The UPS performs a self-test automatically when turned on, and every two weeks thereafter. During the self-test, the UPS briefly operates the loads on-battery. If the UPS passes the self-test, it returns to on-line operation.
If the UPS fails the self test it immediately returns to on-line operation and lights the replace battery LED. The loads are not affected. Recharge the battery overnight and perform the self-test again. If the replace battery LED lights again, refer to the battery replacement instructions below.
Battery Replacement Procedure
Note: Please read the warning at the bottom of this page before performing the procedure below.
Tools required: Screwdriver.
Battery replacement is a safe procedure, isolated from electrical hazards. You may leave the UPS and loads on for the following procedure. Caution: To avoid personal injury due to energy hazard, remove wrist watches and jewelry such as rings when replacing the batteries. Use tools with insulated handles.
1. Lay the UPS on its left side. Remove the two screws holding on the battery door and open the door.
2. Gently pull out the battery by grasping the white tab.
3. Disconnect the two wires connecting the battery to the UPS. Loosen the wires by gently wiggling them while pulling straight back from the battery connector.
4. Connect the new battery in place of the old. Note: Small sparks at the battery connections are normal during connection.
5. Replace the new battery in the UPS. Use care to avoid pinching the wires.
6. Dispose of the old battery properly at an appropriate facility or return it to the supplier in the packing material for the new battery. See the new battery instructions for more information.
· This equipment contains potentially hazardous voltages. Do not attempt to disassemble the unit. The only exception is for equipment containing batteries. Battery replacement using the procedures above is permissible. Except for the battery, the unit contains no user serviceable parts. Repairs are performed only by factory trained service personnel.
· The batteries in the equipment are recyclable. They contain lead and pose a hazard to the environment and human health if not disposed of properly. Return the battery to a factory authorized service center or refer to local codes for proper disposal requirements.
· Do not dispose of batteries in a fire. The batteries may explode.
· Do not open or mutilate batteries. They contain an electrolyte which is toxic and harmful to the skin and eyes.
· To avoid personal injury due to energy hazard, remove wrist watches and jewelry such as rings when replacing the batteries. Use tools with insulated handles.
· Replace batteries with the same number and type of batteries as originally installed in the equipment."
Publicado para:APC Mexico
¿Te fue de ayuda?
Centro de soporte
Obtén respuestas por tu cuenta al probar nuestras herramientas de soporte digital.
Busca preguntas frecuentes
Obtén las respuestas que necesitas en la sección de preguntas frecuentes (FAQ) relacionadas con el tema.