Complete process for upgrading StruxureWare Data Center ExpertProduct Line:
StruxureWare Data Center Expert (DCE)
- Basic Appliance (AP9465)
- Standard Appliance (AP9470)
- Enterprise Appliance (AP9475)
- Virtual Appliance (AP94VMACT)Environment:
StruxureWare Data Center Expert (all versions)Resolution:
1) Contact your local technical support
for upgrade files. You may be provided with multiple upgrades as Data Center Expert requires incremental upgrades.
2) Download the upgrade.zip files for each upgrade and verify the checksum of the upgrade zip files using a checksum validator of your choice. Depending on the version, an MD5 or SHA1 checksum will be provided for comparison on the download pages that technical support provided to you. Steps to verify the checksum can be found in knowledge base FA309128
3) If your DCE appliance is running as a virtual machine, please ensure that there is more than one hard disk on the virtual appliance. The base 18GB drive should not be increased. A second hard disk should be present to prevent the appliance from running out of storage during the upgrade process. Complete instructions on adding an additional hard disk can be found within knowledge base FA309639
4) Ensure that you have a valid backup of your DCE appliance. Instructions on backing up to a Windows Share can be found in knowledge base FA299440
Backups can only be restored on the same version they are created on. If performing multiple upgrades, it is recommended to create backups after each upgrade.
5) Issue the upgrade to DCE following the instructions in knowledge base FA158311
6) Repeat steps 2, 4, and 5 for the remaining upgrades required to come up to the latest version.