Network Management Card 2 (NMC2) v6.0.6 firmware and higher now supports preferred temperature scale unit configuration on a per user basis, as opposed to one global system user setting. The NMC2 supports a "default" setting for this setting preference to ease the addition of users, either one by one or in bulk.
These default user settings are also used for certain reasons by the system if it cannot utilize the per user setting. For example, with email notifications or alerts that pertain to values that specify temperature units, the default user setting will be used since it is impossible to know which user preference is tied to a particular email address.
The issues identified with the below setting are:
Web interface example for reference (Configuration->Security->Local Users->Default Settings):
Config.ini section example for reference of the same NMC2:
- The associated config.ini keyword for this setting (DefaultUserTemeratureScale) is misspelled
- The value shown for DefaultUserTemeratureScale in the config.ini is the opposite of the value in the web UI and CLI. (The web UI and CLI shows the correct setting the system is using.)
- Network Management Card 2 - AP9630/30CH, AP9631/31CH, AP9635/35CH
Network Management Card 2 - AP9630/30CH, AP9631/31CH, AP9635/35CH Devices with an embedded Network Management Card 2 include (but are not limited to): 2G Metered/Switched Rack PDUs (AP86XX, AP88XX, AP89XX), Certain Audio/Video Network Management Enabled products.
- All serial numbers
- AOS firmware version v6.0.6, v6.1.1
These related issues are both due to firmware bugs.
- The spelling of DefaultUserTemeratureScale is addressed in firmware version 6.2.0