How do I obtain a DDF for StruxureWare Data Center Expert to monitor 3rd party devices?Product Line
StruxureWare Data Center Expert (DCE)
- Basic Appliance (AP9465)
- Standard Appliance (AP9470)
- Enterprise Appliance (AP9475)
- Virtual Appliance (AP94VMACT)
StruxureWare Central (SWC)
InfraStruXure Central (ISXC)Environment
StruxureWare Data Center Expert (all versions)
StruxureWare Central (all versions)
InfraStruXure Central (all versions)Cause:
Most APC devices have a Device Definition File (DDF) within DCE for monitoring device sensors. To be able to monitor most third party devices, DCE requires a DDF to know what sensor values to poll.Resolution:NOTE:
Multivendorsupport@apcc.com is no longer being monitored. DDF Requests now go through: https://ddf.ecostruxureit.com/
Product Association and Searching for Existing DDFs
1) Navigate to https://ddf.ecostruxureit.com/
and search for the Device you would like a DDF for to see if a DDF has already been created for the device.NOTE:
Try searching by the brand and also more advanced searches such as the family or exact model.
2) If the DDF you are looking for is displayed in the list, click on the DDF Name to download the DDF XML file.
If no search results are available or the DDF, try alternative searches such as: generic brand, family, model, etc. If there are still no results, proceed to the Requesting a New Device Definition File
3) Proceed to Installing a Device Definition File within DCE
Installing a Device Definition File within DCE
1) Log into the Data Center Expert Desktop Client.
2) SNMP DDF: Device menu > SNMP Device Communication Settings > Device Definition Files > Add/Update Definitions > Local File > Browse > Select DDF XML > Open > Next > Check Box next to Name > Next > Finish.
Modbus DDF: Device menu > Modbus Device Communication Settings > Device Definition Files > Add/Update Definitions > Local File > Browse > Select DDF XML > Open > Next > Check Box next to Name > Next > Finish.
Requesting a New Device Definition File
1) If after searching there are no applicable entries for the device, scroll down to the bottom of the page, click on the 'Submit a Request' button next to "Don't see the DDF you are looking for?"
2) Fill in the required information and follow the steps provided to provide additional required files.NOTE:
Technical support is not able to provide you with status of your DDF requests. You must respond directly to the DDF team using the email that was sent to you during your request.NOTE:
An Asset Definiton Service
purchase may be required to have a new DDF created or edited.NOTE:
After you submit a ticket, the DDF team will reach out to you with an estimated time-frame of when your request will be worked on.
3) Once the DDF is provided to you by the DDF Team, proceed to Installing a Device Definition File within DCE