Process for connecting serially and installing drivers to connect to the NetBotz 250 serial console.
NetBotz Rack Monitor 250 (NB250/NBRK0250)
NetBotz Rack Monitor 250 (all firmware versions)
1) Connect the provided USB A-USB mini B cable between a USB port on your computer and the console port on the Rack Monitor 250.
2) Installing the required FTDI VCP driver.
a) Open the start menu, search for Device Manager, and open the Device Manager application.
b) Navigate to Ports (COM & LPT)
c) If there is an item listed for USB Serial Port (COM#), proceed to step 3).
The COM port listed within your device manager for USB Serial Port will be used to make the connection in step 4.
d) If there is no entry for USB Serial Port (COM#) the FTDI VCP driver will need to be installed.
e) Navigate to https://ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
f) Download the Windows setup executable.
g) Extract the downloaded zip file and run the setup executable.
h) Follow the on screen steps to install the device drivers.
i) Once it says that the driver is installed and ready to use, disconnect the USB cable from your computer and then reconnect it.
j) Repeat steps 2a-2c.
3) Open a serial emulator such as: HyperTerminalTM, PuTTy, or Tera Term.
4) Establish a serial connection using the following parameters:
COM Port: As listed within your Device Manager
Baud Rate (BPS): 9600
Data Bits: 8
Stop Bit(s): 1
Flow Control: None
5) Press enter a few times (if necessary) and you will be prompted to log into the Rack Monitor 250.