Data Center Expert | Manually loading APC and NetBotz device firmware for firmware upgrades
StruxureWare is unable to access the internet to download available firmware files to upgrade the monitored APC and NetBotz devices
StruxureWare Data Center Expert (DCE)
- Standard Appliance (AP9470)
- Enterprise Appliance (AP9475)
- Virtual Appliance (AP94VMACT)
InfraStruXure Central (ISXC)
StruxureWare Data Center Expert (all versions)
StruxureWare Central (all versions)
InfraStruXure Central (all versions)
StruxureWare Data Center Expert (DCE) connects to APC update servers over the internet to download firmware files needed to update APC and NetBotz devices. Some network configurations do not allow for DCE to access the internet to obtain these files.
The DCE client contains a feature that allows importing of a firmware catalog file. The firmware catalog file is not updated at the time of each release of NMC firmware. Updates are usually done quarterly, but may be sooner or later depending on how many NMC releases and what features/improvements are released.
1) Download the StruxureWare Data Center Expert Device Firmware Catalog File.
2) Once downloaded, go to: DCE Client > Updates menu > Apply Firmware Updates.
3) Select Import and navigate to the firmware catalog file and select open.
4) You can now perform available updates, which should be showing within the list.
*Note: The Device Firmware Catalog File does not include an upgrade BOOTMON file for Network Management Card 2 firmware. It only contains upgraded operating system and applications. If technical assistance advises a BOOTMON upgrade, a manual firmware upgrade will be required with the respective device firmware upgrade utility or manually via FTP.