Buscar Preguntas Frecuentes
Behavior for individual outlet group shutdowns with UPS Interface Expander 2 SmartSlot Card (AP9624)
The behavior for individual outlet group shutdowns with UPS Interface Expander 2 (AP9624) needs to be understood. This behavior is not currently explained in the Interface Expander 2 User's Guide.
- UPS Device Management
- AP9624 UPS Interface Expander 2
- Supported UPS types outlined in knowledge base article ID FA176135 that have outlet groups
- All serial numbers
- UPS types with outlet groups
There may be some confusion regarding shutting down individual outlet groups in a system where the Interface Expander 2 is installed in the SmartSlot. Note, some configuration information and shutdown scenarios are also documented in knowledge base article ID FA176957.
There is no configuration interface for the Interface Expander 2 other than the DIP switches used to set the shutdown mode. Therefore, the Interface Expander 2 cannot be associated with or assigned to a particular outlet group of the UPS. As a result, the design for the Interface Expander 2 behaves as follows:
- If the entire UPS is shutting down, then the Interface Expander 2 will start its shutdown.
- If only a particular outlet group is shutting down, the Interface Expander 2 will not start its shutdown.
Thus, outlet groups that have Interface Expander 2 simple signalling clients connected to them should never be controlled individually but should instead be controlled as part of the entire UPS.
Publicado para:APC Costa Rica
Centro de soporte
Obtén respuestas por tu cuenta al probar nuestras herramientas de soporte digital.
Busca preguntas frecuentes
Obtén las respuestas que necesitas en la sección de preguntas frecuentes (FAQ) relacionadas con el tema.