Buscar Preguntas Frecuentes
Failed to Apply Configuration Profile" error when adding Agents to PowerChute Business Edition Server
"Failed to Apply Configuration Profile" error when adding Agents to PowerChute Business Edition Server
PowerChute Business Edition
All support OS
There are several reasons PowerChute Business Edition will return this error.
If the user name and password given to the PowerChute Business Edition Agent do not match those given to the PowerChute Business Edition Server.
Log into the Server through the Console application and go to the Tools menu and change user name and password. This will only work on PowerChute Business Edition version 6.1 or higher. This will also change the user name and password for all Agents already configured with this Server.
Uninstall the Agent portion of the software and reinstall with a user name and password that matches the Server.
An unsupported UPS will give this error as well.
Upgrade to a supported UPS model. This can be done through APC's Trade UPS Program in North America
No Network communications between the Agent and Server can cause this issue as well. Firewalls or a lack of a proper network configuration can be the cause
- If the Server portion is installed on a different system than the Agent, try to ping the Agent's system from the Server's system. If the system cannot be pinged, there is a network issue that must be resolved before PowerChute can apply the configuration profile. To ping another system, simply go to a command prompt and type the following: ping agent_ip where agent_ip is the ip address of the system with the Agent installed.
- If the network has a firewall, this can be the source of the communications issue. Make sure ports 3052, 2260, 2160, and 2161 are not blocked. Some Anti-Virus software can block ports and can install a firewall. There have been some cases where Anti-Virus software has had to be stopped or uninstalled and then the Business Edition Agent reinstalled to solve this issue. In most cases, the Anti-Virus software could then be restarted or reinstalled. PCBE ports used and protocols: 2161 - TCP & UDP 2160 - TCP 2260 - TCP & UDP 3052 - TCP Security used: logging into agent through server SSL logging into server through console MD5
- If the system where the Agent is installed has more than 1 network card, the PowerChute Business Edition Server may not be able to locate the Agent. If this is the case, check TCP/IP properties for it's binding order. Make sure the IP of the card you are adding to the configuration is the first item in the TCP/IP binding order.
- Make sure TCP/IP is installed properly and the network card is bound
- If the system does not have a network card or is not on a network, it will be necessary to install Microsofts Loop-Back Adapter. This will allow you to type 127.0.0.1 in place of the actual system IP. The loop back adapter must be installed on systems that are not on a network if the Agent is to be accessed through a browser as well.
- A DMZ (demilitarized zone) is similar to a firewall. In this type of situation, the Agent and Server may not be able to achieve 2 way communications. If there is an issue such as this, you can open the same ports as listed for a firewall but we recommend simply making sure the Agent and Server reside on the same side of the DMZ.
If you are using a USB Smart UPS unit and the USB cable is connected to the keyboard hub or an external hub.
Disconnect the USB cable from the keyboard hub or external hub and connect it directly to the root hub in the PC
The Agent service is not running.
As above, try to connect to the Agent through it's web user interface. If you cannot connect, the Agent may not be running. Make sure the APC PBE Agent service is started and set to automatic.
Publicado para:APC Colombia
Centro de soporte
Obtén respuestas por tu cuenta al probar nuestras herramientas de soporte digital.
Busca preguntas frecuentes
Obtén las respuestas que necesitas en la sección de preguntas frecuentes (FAQ) relacionadas con el tema.