Data Center Expert | Complete Upgrade Process
Complete process for upgrading StruxureWare Data Center Expert
StruxureWare Data Center Expert (DCE)
- Basic Appliance (AP9465)
- Standard Appliance (AP9470)
- Enterprise Appliance (AP9475)
- Virtual Appliance (AP94VMACT)
StruxureWare Data Center Expert (all versions)
1) Check your account on the EcoStruxure Entitlements Portal for self-service access to upgrade files. If you're unable to locate and download your necessary files, contact local technical support to verify and associate your support agreement to your entitlements portal account. You may need to obtain multiple files as Data Center Expert requires incremental upgrades.
2) Download the upgrade.zip files for each upgrade and verify the checksum of the upgrade zip files using a checksum validator of your choice. Depending on the version, an MD5 or SHA1 checksum will be provided for comparison on the download pages that technical support provided to you. Steps to verify the checksum can be found in knowledge base FA309128.
3) If your DCE appliance is running as a virtual machine, please ensure that there is more than one hard disk on the virtual appliance. The bundled storage volume should never be expanded. A second virtual disk should be added to prevent the appliance from running out of storage during the upgrade process. Complete instructions on adding an additional hard disk can be found within knowledge base FA309639.
4) Ensure that you have a valid backup of your DCE appliance. Instructions on backing up to a Windows Share can be found in knowledge base FA299440.
NOTE: Backups can only be restored on the same version they are created on. If performing multiple upgrades, it is recommended to create backups after each upgrade.
5) Issue the upgrade to DCE following the instructions in knowledge base FA158311.
6) Repeat steps 2, 4, and 5 for the remaining upgrades required to come up to version 7.8.1.
7) Upgrading to version 7.9.0 requires a reinstallation of software and restoring from backup due to an operating system change from CentOS to Rocky Linux. The 7.9.0 ISO and OVA files are accessible through the entitlements portal. Detailed instructions on upgrading to 7.9.0 can be found on our Help Center at: https://dcimsupport.ecostruxureit.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408917042577-Complete-upgrade-process-for-DCE-7-9-0
Veröffentlicht für:APC Switzerland
War das hilfreich?
Benötigen Sie Hilfe?
Erhalten Sie Antworten auf Ihre Fragen, indem Sie unsere digitalen Support-Tools ausprobieren.
Erhalten Sie Antworten auf Ihre Fragen, indem Sie die themenbezogenen häufig gestellten Fragen (FAQs) durchsuchen.