KVM-SERIAL Configuration Information and Assistance
KVM-SERIAL Configuration Information and Assistance including module's DB-9 pinout and general information
- Rack Accessories - KVM Switches
- KVM1116P, KVM2116P, KVM2132P
- All serial numbers
- All firmware versions
- KVM-SERIAL applications
Typically, when using KVM-SERIAL a gender changer, serial cable, or port configuration is often required. This article is intended to help provide some of that information.
Below is the pinout configuration for the KVM-SERIAL server module.
In an example configuration with an APC UPS with a DB-9 port serial port (which uses 940-0024 or 940-1524 APC serial cable for communications), we have connected KVM-SERIAL in the following manner.
- Model KVM1116P KVM Switch
- APC part number KVM-SERIAL server module
- APC Smart UPS 750 (model SUA750, with DB-9 serial port)
- (2) DB-9 gender changers
- (1) part number 940-0024 or 940-1524 APC UPS Smart Signaling serial cable
- (1) part number 940-0103 APC null modem serial cable
Note:Any mis-use or incorrect configuration of serial cables and/or gender changers could cause your UPS to unexpectedly react or turn off (thus, any attached equipment could be turned off without warning), depending on the pinout of the cables incorrectly connected. Please verify you have the correct APC cables (and other pieces) as a standard serial cable cannot be used in place of an APC cable.
- Physical connection: KVM Switch->KVM-SERIAL (DB-9F)->F to M gender changer->940-0103 APC null modem cable->F to M gender changer->940-0024/1524 APC Smart Signaling cable->UPS DB-9F.
- KVM-SERIAL port configuration (set within KVM1116P): 2400 baud rate, 8 data bits, parity none, 1 stop bit, no flow control.
Released for:APC Canada
Did this answer your question?