Consulter notre FAQ
Smart-UPS RT External Battery Pack Number Assignment
Product Line: UPS models with SRT and SRTL prefix
Note: This does not apply to SRTL3KRM1UC UPS models, or UPS models with SRTG prefix
Environment: All models, all serial numbers; when multiple external battery packs are connected to the UPS
Cause: The battery packs will keep their initial number assignment even after disconnecting and reconnecting, regardless of UPS braindead.
Refer to the the following use case scenarios depending on whether the battery pack that is connected is new or not.
1. If a new battery pack that has not been connected to a UPS previously is connected to the UPS:
- If the UPS is turned on, and the first battery pack is connected - it will be assigned number#1
- If a 2nd fresh battery pack is connected - it will be assigned number#2
- If the UPS is turned off, and multiple battery packs are connected to the UPS before the UPS is turned on, the battery packs may be assigned a sequence that may not correspond to the order in which they are physically connected.
2. If a battery pack that has previously been connected to a UPS, is now reconnected to a UPS:
- The battery pack will keep its previously assigned number, unless this number is already assigned to a different battery pack that is connected to the UPS
- If the initial number of the battery pack is already assigned to a different battery pack connected to the UPS, the battery pack will be assigned the next available number
Note: After a UPS Firmware upgrade, the numbers assigned to the battery packs connected to the UPS may change. This is expected behavior and does not impact the functionality of the UPS or the battery packs.
It is recommended that the UPS be turned ON before any battery packs are connected, and after that to connect new battery packs one by one: allow each battery pack to be detected and assigned a number before connecting the next battery pack. When a battery pack is connected, it may perform an automatic firmware upgrade. The battery pack firmware upgrade needs to be allowed to complete before connecting the next battery pack. This will ensure that the battery pack sequence will correspond to the physical order in which they are connected.
Publié pour:APC Belgium
Besoin d'aide ?
Rechercher parmi les questions fréquentes
Obtenez les réponses dont vous avez besoin en parcourant la foire aux questions (FAQ) par sujet.