How do I install or troubleshoot an SRT002 or SRT003 Battery Extension Cable?
All models, All Serial Numbers
The connection cable on an SRT External Battery Pack is just long enough to mount the battery immediately next to the UPS. Customers wanting to mount their external battery packs away from the UPS (perhaps in a separate rack) will need to use an extension cable to make the connection.
APC offers two extension cables for use with SRT series Smart-UPS:
- 15ft Extension for use with SRT 5Kva/6Kva
Includes a 15' Power Extension Cable (with embedded communications) and a 15' Ground Extension Cable
- 15ft Extension for use with SRT 8Kva/10Kva
Includes a 15' Power Extension Cable, 15' Communications Extension Cable, and a 15' Ground Extension Cable
- You can only use ONE extension cable per installation.
- The extension cable can either be installed between the UPS and the External Battery Pack(s) or between two of the Battery Packs.
- When installing an SRT003 you must connect both the power cable and the communications cable.
- You must used the included ground cables between attached equipment.
The Smart-UPS SRT External Battery Packs (SRT192BP, SRT192BP2, SRT192RMBP, SRT192RMBP2) have a permanently connected "Battery Output" cable and a "Battery Input" port for daisy chaining additional battery packs.
When using an Extension Cable, the Extension always goes from the Battery Output
cable on the External Battery Pack to the Battery Input
Port (either on the UPS, or another battery pack).
NEVER INSTALL A BATTERY EXTENSION CABLE BETWEEN TWO BATTERY INPUT PORTS.
EXTENSION CABLES MUST ALWAYS BE CONNECTED FROM BATTERY OUTPUT CABLE TO BATTERY INPUT PORT.
If you receive a
"Battery Sys Error - 0100
" message on your UPS, you have connected your extension cable from Input Port to Input Port. Remove the cable and reinstall correctly.
Please refer to the attached User's Guide for diagrams showing the various configurations possible.