How do I mass configure APC user settings using Data Center Expert?Product Line:
StruxureWare Data Center Expert (DCE)
APC Network Management Cards (NMC)Environment:
StruxureWare Data Center Expert v7.X
APC Network Management Cards 3.X-6.XResolution:
Mass Configure User Settings on 3.X-5.X NMCs
Follow the procedure listed within knowledge base FA316801
Within the configuration section titled User Management where the following information can be defined:
- Administrator Password
- Device Password
- Read-Only Password
Mass Configuring User Settings on 6.X NMCs
1) Open the DCE Desktop Client
and log in.
2) Within the Monitoring Perspective
(button) select the group that contains the devices within the Device Groups pane. Within the Device View pane
, right-click on the device and select APC SNMP Device Configuration
An alternative method is to go to the Device menu and select APC SNMP Device Configuration.
3) Select User configuration
and click OK
If you are not prompted for this option, the device that was selected is not running a firmware version of 6.X.NOTE:
File transfer using SCP may be unsuccessful on some NMC v6.X devices. For best results, set the protocol to FTP Only in the Device File Transfer Settings. See instructions on editing these at the bottom of this knowledge base.NOTE:
This method should work on APC OS version 6.0.0 and higher, excluding v6.0.6 through v6.1.1.
4) Select the device or devices
that you wish to configure users on and click Next
Creating / Modifying Users and Super User
1) Select Create/Modify User
or the Modify Super User
2) Fill in the Username
Username is a case sensitive field.NOTE:
If the user already exists on any destination device, all its settings, including the password, will be overwritten.
3) Ensure to set the Role
along with any other information.
4) For the user to be able to log in, ensure to Enable
5) After all necessary settings are entered, click OK
6) Repeat steps 1 through 5 for any additional users that need to be created/modified.
7) Click Finish
Deleting an Existing User
1) Select Delete Existing User
2) Enter the Username
of the user and click OK
Username is case sensitive.
3) Repeat the steps 1 through 2 for any additional users that need to be deleted.
Adding a Custom Command
See the CSF instructions within knowledge base FA176542
for command parameters.
Editing Device File Transfer Settings
1) On the Select Destination Devices
screen, click the Device File Transfer Settings
2) Either Add a new entry or Edit an existing entry.NOTE:
It is recommended to keep the number of entries to a minimum.NOTE:
It is recommended to have as few wildcard entries as possible that apply to the same device ranges.
3) Ensure to select the appropriate IP range, username, password, and protocol type for the device connection.