- New Gutor PXC helps bridge product gap between industrial UPS for soft environments and customized UPS solutions for harsh environments
- Ideal for oil and gas exploration and production sites, marine and offshore applications
- Turnkey solution protects critical equipment and applications, can be deployed in dramatically shorter time frame and at lower cost
Dubai (UAE), August 01, 2016 – Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management and automation, has launched Gutor PXC, a standardized, fully industrial uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for harsh environments, in the Gulf region.
Ideal for rugged and outdoor settings such as oil and gas exploration and production sites, marine and offshore environments and climates with extreme temperatures, the Gutor PXC protects critical equipment and industrial applications from damage due to power outages, surges, and spikes while providing short term battery power during an outage. Due to the solution’s standardized and flexible design, users including facility managers, engineers and contractors now have the ability to deploy a reliable and turnkey solution in a dramatically shorter time frame and at a lower cost.
“In today’s industrial infrastructure environment there exists a whole range of mission critical systems that need secure and reliable power protection against the electrical effects of harsh elements, for example, oil rigs where emergency shutdown or sprinkler systems are required during an unexpected disaster,” said Benoit Dubarle – President, Gulf Countries and Pakistan, Schneider Electric. “The Gutor PXC provides the utmost reliability, safety and efficiency to protect critical equipment in remote and rugged condition. In a region where business downtime is not acceptable, this solution offers operators with a peace of mind and greater control over their assets.”
Made for Extreme Conditions
Previously, customers looking to implement an industrial UPS solution in harsh environments had to design a fully customized solution to suit their infrastructure needs, which meant more time spent on development and higher costs. With this solution, Schneider Electric is providing customers with the ability to more efficiently and cost-effectively implement industrial UPS’ – bridging the product gap between industrial UPS for soft environments and customized UPS solutions for harsh environments.
The Gutor PXC offers a standardized and flexible design that comes available in a wide range of configurations to suit a variety of rugged operating environments, and as a result, users benefit from a significantly reduced engineering-to-order lead time (from 18-20 weeks to 6-8 weeks) and lower cost expenditure.
Other key features and benefits of the Gutor PXC include:
- High operating temperature: up to 55°C/131°F
- Integrated seismic compliance: all-steel enclosures to meet vibrations up to 1G
- Dust ambience: embedded dust filter reinforcement of ambience protection; native IP42
- Small foot print: 600mm width for 10 to 80kVA without transformers
- Lifetime management: 20+ years
The Gutor PXC UPS is now available through Schneider Electric’s distributors across the Gulf region. To learn more, please visit the dedicated high performance, compact 3 phase UPS web page or contact your local Schneider Electric representative.