In the user manual page 3 – 16 Fault: This message indicates that the communications between the front panel display
and controls and the Comet have been interrupted. Action: check the connection between the front panel display and
controls and the Comet, and if necessary, call Three Phase Technical Support.
First attempt to reset the UPS logic via a unit reset –
1. Stop the Inverter by pressing the grey "Inverter OFF" pushbutton on the UPS front panel for approximately
three (3) seconds. The audible alarm will sound; silence the alarm by pressing the "Buzzer Reset" pushbutton.
2. Turn the manual bypass switch SR1 to the "TRANSFER" position wait 30 seconds then to the "BYPASS" position.
3. Verify QF1 battery breaker has tripped and if not open QF1
UPS will turn off (you will still hear some fans running) wait 1 to 2 minutes then begin restart sequence:
1. Turn the manual bypass switch SR1 to the "TRANSFER" position, verify green LED comes on (this will depend on
whether the unit is set for auto start) you will have alarms for minor fault and charger / battery cb open if so.
reset / close QF1 battery breaker and only green LED should be lit. If green LED did not come on then reset / close QF1
then press the green Inverter on pushbutton for approximately three (3) seconds, confirm green LED turns on and check alarms
2. Once Inverter function confirmed and no operational faults present - press Inverter off pushbutton for approximately
three (3) seconds verify the green LED turns off (audible alarm will sound, press "Buzzer Reset" button to clear. Rotate manual
bypass switch SR1 to the "NORMAL" position then press the green Inverter on pushbutton for approximately three (3) seconds and
confirm the green LED is on and no faults present.
If the error "communications fault display monitor" is still present or the fault changes then contact our Three Phase
Technical Support group at
877-287-7835 option 2 for technical support and then option 1 for Three Phase Technical support