Video: How to restore APC PowerChute device drivers on Windows
Missing APC UPS device drivers.
PowerChute Business Edition
PowerChute Personal Edition
Windows Vista, Windows 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server Core, Windows 2012
Drivers did not load.
1. Go to the Windows Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management.
2. From the left-side panel in the Computer Management dialog, under System Tools select Device Manager, then Batteries - . You should see a driver called APC UPS or APC Battery BackUP. If you don't see either of these drivers, you must install the driver by proceeding with the steps below.
3. Double-click on "HID UPS Battery".
4. Click on the Driver Tab
5. Click on the "Update Driver..." button.
6. Chose the option to browse for the driver software or install the driver from a list. The option presented will depend on the operating system you are installing the driver on.
7. When presented with Search for driver software in this location and Let me pick from a list of device drivers click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers.
8. Select APC UPS or APC Battery BackUP from the list of drivers.
9. Click "Next". The driver will now be installed.
Note: On some operating systems a reboot of the system is required before the device will work properly. If requested please reboot the system.
If you have attempted all of the techniques above but have still not established communication, visit http://www.apc.com/support/ for troubleshooting help.