You are here:
New APC Back-UPS BX650CI-ZA aimed at entry and mid-level home and business applications
JOHANNESBURG - November 25, 2011 - APC by Schneider Electric, a global leader in integrated critical power and cooling services, has introduced the APC BX650CI-ZA battery backup with surge protection for electronics and computers. The APC Back-UPS 650 features three South African outlets, all with enough battery backup power to allow customers to work through short length power outages while safeguarding equipment against damaging surges and spikes that travel along utility lines.
Specifically designed for areas requiring power conditioning, the Back-UPS 650 features Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR), which instantly adjusts high and low voltages to safe levels for electronics, allowing customers to work indefinitely during periods of brownouts and over voltages. Coupled with all the other standard features of the Back-UPS series, the BX650CI-ZA is the perfect product to protect productivity from the constant threat of bad power and lost data.
Features of the Back-UPS 650 include:
· Combination power/ LED status indicator and audible alarms - provide status of UPS functions and power;
· Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) - “double boost” and “single trim” AVR instantly correct voltage fluctuations so customers can work indefinitely through deep brownouts and over voltages without draining the battery, saving battery life for power outages.
· Three South African battery backup and surge protected outlets - keep a CPU, monitor and other critical devices running when the power goes out or fluctuates outside safe levels.
· Push button circuit breaker - enables quick recovery from overload.
· Automatic diagnostic testing - ensures the BX650 unit is ready when you need it.
· Two-year warranty – offers customers free technical phone and online support.
· Data Line Surge Protection - guards against surges and spikes traveling over an analogue phone line.
· PowerChute Software - lets you use your computer to access additional power protection and management features:
o Preserves your work, shuts down system during outages;
o Restarts your system, minimising work disruptions;
o Enables customisation of your Back-UPS settings; and
o Monitors and displays power and battery status.
About APC by Schneider Electric
APC by Schneider Electric, a global leader in critical power and cooling services, provides industry leading hardware, software, and services designed to ensure availability and higher energy efficiency across the residential, business network, data center, and manufacturing environments. Backed by the strength, experience, and wide network of Schneider Electric’s Critical Power & Cooling Services, APC delivers well planned, flawlessly installed and maintained solutions throughout their lifecycle. Through its unparalleled commitment to innovation, APC delivers energy efficient solutions for critical technology and industrial applications.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centers/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, and efficient, the company's 110,000 plus employees achieved sales of more than $26 billion in 2010, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations “Make the most of their energy.”
APC by Schneider Electric: Roz Shuping, +27 11 254-6400, email@example.com
PR Connections, Debbie Sielemann, 082 414 4633, firstname.lastname@example.org