For me, this was one of the best scenes in a show filled with some of the greatest in TV history. Of course, Mike is certainly not alone. All of us are guilty of half measures somewhere in our lives. We all take short cuts on things, where we:
- deem the task unimportant
- realise it is important, but we don’t feel like committing the time/effort/money to making the effort complete, or
- don’t realise how important the task is and treat it as if it were unimportant
- 2/3 of all tablets do not have cell connection and can only be used via Wi-Fi
- 45% of all mobile data is “offloaded” (i.e. accessed via Wi-Fi, not over the cell network)
- Compound Annual Growth Rates for mobile data traffic through 2018 range from a low of 50% in North American and Western Europe and a high of 70% in the Middle East and Africa
Regardless of how you use your home network (to stream movie content, to enable an IP connected phone, to telecommute, to game, or more), it is highly recommend that you protect your home network with a battery back-up that will provide you with enough runtime to take you through extended power outages. Thirty minutes is often considered the minimum amount of time required, but you may need much more depending on where you live and how you use your network.
To better evaluate your specific needs, try the APC by Schneider Electric self-evaluation(here). Or, click here to learn more about state of the art solutions with long runtimes (approximately 4.5 hours) to power your home networking equipment.
A great deal is riding on your home Wi-Fi network, so no matter how you decide to protect it, remember to go all the way, no half measures.