How can I resolve “Failed to create java virtual machine.” error when launching StruxureWare Data Center Expert client?
Upon launching the StruxureWare Data Center Expert client an error message appears stating “Failed to create java virtual machine.”
StruxureWare Data Center Expert
StruxureWare Client potentially any version.
StruxureWare may be attempting to use a different version of Java on the operating system with which it may not be fully compatible.
1) Navigate to the Installation directory for StruxureWare Data Center Expert. (default directory is: C:\Program Files (x86)\StruxureWare Data Center Expert X.X.X)
2) Navigate into the dcexpert directory and open the DataCenterExpert.ini configuration file in a text editor such as notepad.
3) Within the dcexpert directory open the jre directory and then the bin directory. You will see a javaw.exe file to which you will need to obtain the full path for the next step.
4) Edit the DataCenterExpert.ini file and change it's first line from -vmargs to -vm “fullpath of javaw.exe”
For Example with a 7.2.7 DCE client, instead of reading:
The first line should now read:
-vm "C:\Program Files (x86)\StruxureWare Data Center Expert 7.2.7\dcexpert\jre\bin\javaw.exe"
5) Save the file and open the client.
6 )If the issue still persists, please contact your local technical support.