SturxureWare is unable to access the internet to download available firmware files to upgrade the monitored APC and NetBotz devices
StruxureWare Data Center Expert
- StruxureWare Data Center Expert (DCE)
- APC device firmware upgrade
StruxureWare Data Center Expert (DCE) connects to APC update servers over the internet to download firmware files needed to update APC and NetBotz devices. Some network configurations do not allow for DCE to access the internet to obtain these files.
The DCE client contains a feature that allows importing of a firmware catalog file.
1) Navigate to http://dcimsupport.apc.com
2) Select Downloads from the navigation bar.
NOTE: You will need to log in to the DCIM Support website to see this option.
3) Expand down DCE and select DCE device firmware catalog.
4) Download the firmware catalog file.
5) Once downloaded, go to: DCE Client > Updates menu > Apply Firmware Updates.
6) Select Import and navigate to the firmware catalog file and select open.
7) You can now perform available updates, which should be showing within the list.