How can we do Recovering from a Lost Password in AP86** model ?
You can use a local computer (a computer that connects to the Rack PDU or other device through
the serial port) to access the command line interface.
1. Select a serial port at the local computer, and disable any service that uses that port.
2. Connect the serial cable (Schneider Electric part number 940-0144A) to the selected
port on the computer and to the Serial port at the Rack PDU.
3. Run a terminal program (such as HyperTerminal®) and configure the selected port for
9600 bps, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, and no flow control.
4. Press ENTER, repeatedly if necessary, to display the User Name prompt. If you are
unable to display the User Name prompt, verify the following:
– The serial port is not in use by another application.
– The terminal settings are correct as specified in step 3.
– The correct cable is being used as specified in step 2.
5. Press the Reset button. The Status LED will flash alternately orange and green within 5
to 7 seconds of pressing the Reset button. Press the Reset button a second time
immediately when the LED begins flashing to reset the user name and password to their
6. Press ENTER, repeatedly if necessary, to display the User Name prompt again, then use
the default, apc, for the user name and password. (If you take longer than 30 seconds to
log on after the User Name prompt is re-displayed, you must repeat step 5 and log on
7. At the command line interface, use the following commands to change the Password
setting, which is apc at this stage:
user -n <user name> -pw <user password>
For example, to change the Super User password to XYZ type:
user -n apc -cp apc -pw XYZ
8. Type quit or exit to log off, reconnect any serial cable you disconnected, and restart
any service you disabled.