Each PowerView display interface is supplied with four additional language chips which allow the end user to display UPS information in French, German, Spanish and Italian. The English language chip is installed at the factory. If the customer wishes to display UPS information in one of the aforementioned languages, they may change the chip. Otherwise, the customer may discard them. The PowerView can be configured to display text in a language other than the default English by replacing the unit's language EEPROM with one of the alternate language EEPROMs included with the unit.
Follow these steps to replace the unit's language EEPROM:
Note:The device being replaced is static sensitive. Do not re-move it from the protective carrier until you are ready to insert it in the unit.
1. Remove the four (4)Phillips screws on the rear of the unit and separate the front half of the case from the rear.
2. Identify the language EPROM. This is a 28-pin integrated circuit located in a socket and adjacent to the large 40-pin device. The language EPROM will have a white label bearing the name of the language for which it is programmed. Note which end of the EPROM has the semicircular notch (pin 1); the new EEPROM must be installed with the same orientation as the original.
3. To remove the EPROM, insert a small screwdriver or similar tool between the EEPROM and its socket. Gently twist the blade to lift the EPROM from the socket. In order to avoid bent pins, the EPROM should be loosened gradually, one side at a time, until it is free of its socket.
4. Position the new EPROM on its socket with the notch in the same relative position as the original. Carefully check that all pins are aligned with the socket. Realign if necessary. Apply even pressure with fingers to the top of the EPROM until it is fully seated in its socket.
5. Replace the rear cover and re-install the four (4) Phillips screws.