Video: Copying files from the StruxureWare Data Center Operation
How to copy files from the StruxureWare Data Center Operation
StruxureWare Data Center Operation
It is possible that during installation or upgrade that the Apache server(httpd) becomes unavailable. To obtain files from the files from the server in this state, an SFTP/FTP would be required. To create log files please see the knowledge base here.
Due to Apache(HTTPD) service being unavailable it is not possible to obtain files via Webmin. Files such as backup and logs can be "downloaded" from the Operation server using SFTP/FTP. In this document, we will be using a free program called WinSCP. You can find this program here. Please see the instructions below for a step by step guide for "downloading" files from the server via WinSCP.
1. Open the application
2. Enter IP address or hostname within the "Host Name" field
3. Enter log in credentials in both "Username" and "Password" fields
4. Click "Login"
5. Using the "Arrow up button" to navigate up a directory, continue click the icon until the directory window reads /
6. Use either A or B below to navigate to default directories
A. To gather backups:
1. Double click on data folder
2. Double click on backup folder
3. Locate the backup to save off server
4. Select then drag and drop in the left panel. This left panel is the workstation that we are copying the file to(note the directory).
B. To gather log files:
1. Double click on /tmp folder
2. Select then drag and drop the log.tar.gz file into the left panel. This left panel is the workstation that we are copying the file to(note the directory).
7. The file(s) are now located on the workstation and the session can be closed