" Beginning with InfraStruXure Manager version 4.3, APC changed the format of the License Key that is required for use. Any older revision of the ISX Manager that is upgraded to 4.3 will need to have its legacy key converted to the new style key. Once you are logged in to version 4.3 for the first time, a dialog box will appear with a notification that: “You will need to update the existing license key(s) within 30 day(s) in order to continue accessing InfraStruXure Manager.” In order to update and activate your existing key you must perform the actions listed below. Note: The process requires access to the Internet and must be completed before upgrading to version 4.4 and above. If the ISX Manager and/or the station that you are accessing the ISX Manager from do not have access to the Internet please skip to section B.
Method A - with Internet Connection 1. When the aforementioned dialog box appears, click on “Update License Key Online” link in order to start the Product Activation Process.
2. After clicking on the URL, you will be brought to the APC product activation web page. Your existing license key will then be imported into the license list and you will need to enter your e-mail address. Next click “Generate”
3. Once this has been done the new key will be displayed on the screen and a copy of the key will be sent to the email address provided for record keeping purposes. Once the key has been generated, highlight the new key and copy it. Next return to the InfraStruXure Manager user interface, click on the “Enter a License Key” button, paste the new key, and click add. Once the license key has been validated, the corresponding device count will be displayed, click close to manage devices
Method B - without Internet Connection
1. When the aforementioned dialog box appears, right click on “Update License Key Online” link and paste the copied link information into a text file. This link information is a URL address for the Update Licenses web page that includes the identification of the licenses that need to be updated. If for whatever reason this cannot be done then move to step two .
2. Next locate a computer that has Internet access and open the text file with the copied link or go directly to the following URL:
3. After launching the URL, you will be brought to the APC product activation web page. If you have accessed the site using the copied link you will only have to fill in your email address. If this portion of the process was skipped then you will then enter your legacy license key and your e-mail address. The license key is case sensitive. All letters in the key must be entered in lower-case. Next click “Generate”.
Note: This new license key will be sent to the e-mail address you entered above for record keeping purposes.
4. Once this new key has been generated, highlight the new key and copy it. Next save it to a text file and then return to the InfraStruXure Manager user interface. Click on the “Enter a License Key” button, paste the new license key, and click add.
5. When the dialog box appears displaying that InfraStruXure Manager could not connect to the Internet to activate this license key, right click on “Activation” URL address and copy and paste the URL into the text file used earlier. This URL address (http://activation.apc.com/activation/productActivation.html) will take you to the License Key Activation Web page.
6. Enter the License Key generated earlier and Serial Number (Hardware ID) of the InfraStruXure Manager, then select “Activate”. The License Key and Hardware ID fields are case sensitive. All letters entered must be capitalized.
7. Right click on the generated Activation Code and copy and paste this code into a text document
8. Reconnect to InfraStruXure Manager and log into the user interface. Click on the “Enter a License Key” button, paste the license key, and click add. A dialog box will appear displaying that InfraStruXure Manager could not connect to the Internet to activate this license key. Copy and paste the Activation key obtained in Step 6, paste it in the Activation Key box, and hit Activate. If the dialog box does not appear you will need disconnect from the ISX Manager and then repeat this step while logged into the APC LAN side of the ISX Manager. Once connected to the APC LAN you must disconnect the USER LAN cable from the ISX Manager.
9. Once the license key has been validated, the corresponding device count will be displayed. Click close to manage devices. "