What is meant by ‘flooding’ with Air Conditioners?
What is meant by ‘flooding’?
All A/C Units with Compressors
All Serial Numbers
Troubleshooting the cause of flooding
Flooding (also known as ‘flood back’) is the term used to describe the condition when Liquid refrigerant reaches the compressor. This occurs when the amount of liquid fed to the Evaporator is more than can be evaporated. There are a number of possible causes of flooding including:
• TXV oversized for the application
• TXV misadjusted (superheat too low)
• System overcharged with refrigerant
• Insufficient airflow through evaporator
• Dirty evaporator
• Evaporator fans not operating
• TXV bulb not properly attached